Friday, January 2, 2009

Character


Having lived for sometime in beautiful Oman, there is something that strikes me about the old folk from the inner regions; I am talking in small towns, down old dusty roads, perched on a hill side of some deep valley kinda old people.  The kind that don't care much for the city and are MORE than satisfied with their existence surviving off of the basics that the land provides them.  There's a sense of peace in their eyes, happiness in their smile, and comfort in their stride.  Growing old gracefully must be one of the hardest challenges, but it seems that in old arabia, life can become richer as your outer strengths fade and the inner self blooms. I aspire to be 'that together' when I grow old, and am on the hunt for a small property in the middle of nowhere.  My sketch has probably failed to capture the magic, but can't help myself :)

No comments: